Welcome to SolidPlanning.com. Solid Planning is a site where our dreams, strategies, and hard work are combined to produce tangible results. On this site we will review books, tips, tricks, and strategies, looking for ways to build our plan to meet the 2009 goals posted in the far right column. As we make progress we'll bring you along with articles and stories on this site. We welcome your suggestions and feedback along our journey so please feel free to leave comments!

Apr 17, 2009

Missing Money, Found

Based on an article I saw online, I searched a site called MissingMoney.com to see if I was one of those lucky folks due some "missing" cash. This site does not charge to re-unite folks and their missing money so I had nothing to loose.

Based on some of the comments about the site on the article I had low expectations. Many of the comments indicated the site did not work or the site was down. I gave it a shot like many folks that day and also found the site unresponsive.

However before crossing the site off completely I tried the site again a few days later. It was up and running and within just a few clicks I was searching the country for my share of the missing cash pie.

To my surprise I found two small amounts that were actually due to my family! Simply amazing!! Based upon further research I learned that the site crashed due to the number of hits it received that day from the article.

Per MissingMoney.com "The states have implemented active outreach programs designed to reunite unclaimed property owners with their lost or forgotten assets. To enhance the states' outreach efforts, MissingMoney.com, a national database, was established in November 1999 and is the only database endorsed by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA). MissingMoney.com enables owners to perform comprehensive searches for lost assets required by law to be turned over to the states."

We recommend you take a few seconds and use the site to search for your missing money, you may find a nice surprise!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Our Twitter Feed.....

    follow us on Twitter