Welcome to SolidPlanning.com. Solid Planning is a site where our dreams, strategies, and hard work are combined to produce tangible results. On this site we will review books, tips, tricks, and strategies, looking for ways to build our plan to meet the 2009 goals posted in the far right column. As we make progress we'll bring you along with articles and stories on this site. We welcome your suggestions and feedback along our journey so please feel free to leave comments!

May 24, 2009

Supper Planning Anyone?

I've been watching the family budget and looking for additional ways to save. A few ideas have popped in my head that I'll pursue however one really stood out. I enjoy cooking on occasion and I wondered if there were ways to link my passion for saving money with my enjoyment of cooking.

Quick numbers: If the average family meal runs around $20.00 the cost to feed the family runs over $1800.00 per month! A large number for sure. Is $20.00 the correct amount to use per meal, I'm not sure just yet. Dropping the average cost to $10.00 per meal would slice the cost in half and may save $900.00 per month. Is it possible? Will the family rebel? Or can we make a deal and share the savings with a pay for performance approach?
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Carrie said...

$20 is way too high. I think an average meal should be between $5 and $10. $10 and up would be a really nice meal. I highly recommend checking out 5dollardinners.com

SolidPlanning.com said...

Carrie:

Thanks, for the comment. My wife agrees, $2o.oo is too high. I plan to track our costs for a week to see what the average cost runs us. We're a family of 5 so eating out really drives up the number.

Our Twitter Feed.....

    follow us on Twitter